.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

 

back to work

I had a fantastic weekend. My mom and dad came to visit for my dad's 50th birthday (which is actually tomorrow, but close enough). He played golf. We went to the symphony. We had dinner at the Oceanaire Seafood Room, which was quite nice. I'd told the restaurant that we were celebrating a birthday when I made the reservation, so the waiter brought him Baked Alaska and lit it on fire at the table! Daddy's face lit up almost as bright at the fire. :)

I went shopping with my mom and picked up a pair of jeans at Old Navy that are 2 sizes smaller than I'd been wearing before the weight-loss program started. That was an excellent feeling. Also, R* and I went by the stall in the Market of the artist who made our wedding rings to buy temporary silver rings, and she chided us for even thinking about platinum bands and said of COURSE she will resize our white gold rings, what were we thinking? R* said later he'd felt like saying "Okay, Mom!" to her.

On Sunday after the parents left, I sanded and sealed the patio furniture. I need to redo the tabletop, because it was in such bad shape that it needs a coat of stain before I seal it again. Oh well. It will be easy with the palm sander.

It was hard to come back to the office. The junior client services guy left recently, and I've taken over some of his duties. It's not difficult or anything, but it does kind of suck up my time. At least it makes the days go faster!

Comments:
OH CRAP! I thought the quarter started next week! I am a retard. Well, guess I'd better call the instructor!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?