.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, May 12, 2005

 

next

Okay. I've been thinking about what to do next, considering that I'm not going to school this fall. I've got an appointment with the Health Occupations advisor at the school on June 2, which should help me nail down the rest of the plan.

I'll finish Microbiology, obviously. I'll enroll in a sociology class or something for summer to fulfill the college's multicultural requirement. I'll take a first aid course to get my first aid card - it's only one point on the nursing application but I'll need every point I can get!

Then... I'm seriously thinking that I'm going to quit my dumb day job in like July or August and take CNA training through a nursing home. I'd be able to work the rest of the year as a CNA, and it should add enough points to my application to get me in for sure in the winter. And I would be able to pick up some shifts while I'm in school fulltime, which would settle my question about how I'm going to earn any money in the next couple years. There is a nursing home between my house and the school that is accredited to teach CNAs - I need to call them and find out how often they take new CNA students and when I'd need to start in order to be finished before October 3 (the closing date for applications for winter quarter's nursing class).

Comments:
Hey, I just moved to Seattle recently and am thinking of applying to nursing school too. Am trying to figure out the long plan... when and where to take the prerequsites, etc. and I was also planning to get certified as a CNA as soon as possible so I could get some experience beforehand and increase my chance of acceptance. I'm curious to find out where you are planning to take this course - a nursing home? Have been searching online but can't find any listings of places that are accredited to give the training.... Any help greatly appreciated. I could only find the one course at South Seattle community college but I don't think it starts until August... Take care, thanks for your blog! I hope to start one soon. -Cindy
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?