.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

 

instead of blogging

Here are some things I have been doing instead of blogging:

  • Taking a Microbiology midterm. I got 91%. This is not bad!
  • Playing with makeup. Putting on liquid eyeliner is harder than it looks.
  • Figuring out how to pay lots and lots of money to painters to sand all the old crappy paint off our house, thereby creating lots and lots of dust that is moving into our house with us. It better look absolutely incredible when it's done.
  • Getting into a huge blowup with R* yesterday, which was so shitty it occasioned a midday visit to our counselor. (This isn't as extreme as it sounds - we've been seeing a counselor since before we got engaged, for relationship maintenance and enhancement.)
  • Working out. I've really lost steam on the working out. I think it's just because I'm usually tired. I'm still going to the gym just as often, I'm just having trouble working hard.
  • Losing weight: I'm down 16 1/2 pounds.
  • Doing battle with the dandelions in my yard.
  • Preparing for a big lab project in Microbiology - today we got a tube containing a double unknown, as in two species of bacteria mixed together. We have to isolate them and attack them with a battery of tests. I am dorky enough to think this is fun, and made a flowchart in Visio to plan out my strategy.
  • Eating actual food. I am so happy that beans are back on the list of things I can eat.
  • Working: my beloved coworker L* was out on vacation for 4 days, which meant I actually had to work pretty hard. Which is fine, it just kept me away from blogging.
  • Reading: there are several new books I need to write up for the 50 Books project.

  • Comments:
    I'm almost 50 and haven't managed to make eyeliner work for me yet!
     
    This comment is probably extra extra dorky, but I saw your comment about making a Visio flowchart to plan your strategy for your Biology project. Would you be willing to share a copy with me? I am always on the lookout for examples of flowcharts being used in everyday life. If you want to email me I can be reached at visionthingblog [at] gmail [dot] com. Thanks!
     
    Your blog made me feel better. I am trying to blog because I have one daughter in Europe right now and another who just returned to the States. Alot of times I force myself to update a bit just to keep in touch with them.

    However, I haven't had the fun of keeping up with other people's blogs because I am currently suffering through Intermediate Algebra (accelerated speed class) and Chemistry and proofing the 3 papers I wrote for Physiology. The Chemistry is the worst because I worked my ass off in there only to get a high "B." I have 3 more tests to take over the course of a week. Just in that one class! It's absolutely nuts.
     
    Post a Comment



    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?