.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, May 23, 2005

 

big huge update

Everything still very busy.

Work: We're all going to see Star Wars Ep. III during the workday on Wednesday. I have low expectations. I do look forward to eating popcorn for lunch, however. Apart from fun outings and the people I like, my job is really chapping my ass. I just don't want to be here and it probably shows.

House: House painting is nearly done. It looks great. I'll put up some pictures when it's all completed. Inside the house is another story - I have a lot of cleaning to do! And, making the outside look so good is making me want to do some work inside as well... there are lots of rooms that need to be painted. And some new curtains would look nice. And of course there are lots of outdoor projects yet to be done, like replacing the fence and tearing out the ugly bushes in the front yard and putting in a fountain and installing a path across the front yard and fixing the rippling brick patio and and and...

School: The quarter is drawing to a close. I've registered for summer (a multicultural issues class) but can't afford to buy my textbooks yet! I've got a Microbiology exam tomorrow, another quiz on Thursday, an exam on June... um... 6th? And the cumulative final exam on June... um... 8th? Clearly I need to look at my calendar before that week arrives. I also have to give a presentation (not a big deal) and write a paper about the outcome of our double-unknown lab experiment. I believe that experiment will be concluded tomorrow! Not a moment too soon.

Weekend: R* and I spent the weekend at the Alderbrook Resort on Hood Canal, to celebrate our third anniversary. We had a nice time. It was relaxing and romantic. We had massage appointments both Friday and Saturday, and I happened to have the same therapist both days - she took a shine to me and gave me a tip about a restaurant down the road that was better than the resort's dining room for dinner. So I called for a reservation and I'm glad I did - dinner was fantastic. We ate loads of fresh seafood. It's a shame I don't like oysters, because there were billions of them growing on the beach outside the resort, and unsurprisingly they were all over the menu.

Health stuff: I've been stuck at 20 pounds lost for the last week. I probably blew any chance I had of losing weight for the next several days by eating all kinds of things that aren't on the plan over the weekend. Tuna melt! Crab melt! Chocolate cake! But hey, at least I didn't gain any weight, either. And now I'm back on the program. And, we worked out both Saturday and Sunday at the resort's fitness center and that must have burned some calories! This week the dietician has us eating all the previous stuff as well as whole grain in small amounts. I have a growing fear that I am allergic to wheat. My eczema has been going nuts, and my weight loss is stuck. Stay tuned.

Comments:
So what did you think of the movie?
 
Wow! 20 pounds,whether you are currently stuck or not is tremendous. :) And you'll get there.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?