.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, April 11, 2005

 

this is not rocket science

Yesterday while making lunch (chicken breast halves stuffed with spinach and light feta cheese, sprinkled with sesame seeds and baked, then served with a tomato-basil sauce and parmesan cheese), I found myself thinking, "Why couldn't we do this on our own?" This entire weight-loss program is not rocket science. The basic concepts are: 1) control your calorie intake, 2) get lots of exercise, and 3) take some supplements. Any moron knows that. So why is it so hard?

Well, for starters, I can tell you what's been hard for me. Fitting in 5 workouts a week has been very hard, especially since I got yelled at for leaving work in the afternoons to go to the gym. Going in the morning instead is working for me, but it is really, really hard to get up at 5:30 so I can make breakfast, pack lunches and snacks, and catch a bus downtown. It's hard to have to bring almost everything I eat with me, even harder on days when I have class and have almost all my meals and snacks away from home. It's hard to avoid getting junk food when it is all around - even when I go to the salad bar to get a nice healthy salad I have to dodge the blue cheese dressing and the deep-fried mushrooms. (Man, I love deep-fried mushrooms.)

I'm down 10.5 pounds from my starting weight on March 16. I know this is really good progress. And the food we're allowed to have is more and more resembling regular food, which is nice. But still, I'm just really tired of it. I want to eat something decadent. But so far, at least, I still want to lose weight more.

Comments:
Congratulations on the weight loss!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?