.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

 

tense

I've got another exam in my Microbiology class tomorrow night. And a lab quiz. And the last available lab period to figure out what my "unknown" bacteria is. I'm anxious about all of these things. I'm going to have time to study tonight, and again tomorrow at work - so I think I'll do reasonably well on the exam and the quiz. I'm very worried about the lab stuff, though - it's not enough time!

My biggest problem right now is that I'm not getting enough sleep. I feel so very tired and have been drinking coffee to keep myself going at work. (Since we started the Super Duper Extreme Weight Loss Plan, I've only had coffee about once a week, mostly for the pleasure of it, not to stay awake.) And this morning at 5:45 I had a complete meltdown in the kitchen because the blender jar and the travel cups were dirty, and I needed to make shakes for breakfast and still catch the bus on time. I knew I was overreacting while I was doing it but I couldn't keep from crying. I need rest.

Speaking of SDEWLP, this is the beginning of Week 7. I've lost 15 pounds. R* has lost 18.5 pounds! I think that's the difference of working out alone vs. working out with a trainer who pushes him. This week we can add in beans, but the dietician cautioned us to be careful because beans are calorie-dense. Half a cup of beans is 100-140 calories, depending on the type of bean. I love black beans and lentils soooooo much, this is very good news. We can also have hummus - no bread, though, so no dunking of pitas. Dietician recommended strips of bell peppers for dunking in hummus. I like baby carrots, too, although R* doesn't.

Adding to the stressfulness around the house is the fact that we're having our house painted. We FINALLY agreed on the color we want to paint - we've been waffling and waffling and then last weekend, we drove by a house that was painted a fantastic shade of blue and both went, "Aha! that's it!" So this week has been a festival of paint samples and painting blobs on the house. We have not found a winner yet. We've got two more samples to try tonight - if they don't look right, I'm just going to cry. Some more.



That's the color we're shooting for. Our little cottage should look so cute with a new outfit! (That's not our house in the picture - it's just a picture of a random house that is the right color.)

Comments:
You do need sleep. And some positive endorphins.

Sleep: eat a turkey sandwich and have a glass of milk at dinner. NO CAFFEINE (including chocolate, alas) after 3pm. A little chamomile tea wouldn't hurt either.

Positive endorphins: Exercise. Laughter. Sex. Take at least one of these every day, as often as possible.

Things will get better. :)
 
Thanks Jodie. The good thing is, I do not have problems with insomnia! I sleep like the dead as soon as I get in bed and relax. The difficult part is getting into the bed early enough.

And exercise certainly is keeping me going. Laughter too. Just as an example, my coworkers are, even as I type, playing clips of Neil Diamond songs and singing along hilariously.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?