.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, April 29, 2005

 

snippets

******************

Yesterday while taking the early bus to work (so I could go to the gym before the office), it was mostly overcast. But the sun was rising in the east and there was a break in the clouds over the Cascades. A small shaft of reddish light was shining out between the mountains - it looked like Mordor was in Eastern Washington.

******************

As I walked from my bus stop downtown toward the gym, a disheveled-looking guy walking in the other direction caught my eye and proclaimed, "Hell. This is Hell." He didn't seem angry or agitated - just disappointed.

******************

I played a rousing game of "If *I* had that kind of money" with my friend P* online yesterday, after having a gripe about the Rich Guy CEO of my company. P* said that if he had that kind of money, he would get involved with a company that makes Sterling engines and other kinds of innovative technology that could be put to use in developing nations that could help communities become self-sustaining without destroying the environment.

If I had that kind of money, I would form a nonprofit organization that would help domestic workers like maids and nannies get health insurance.

My coworker A* said that if he had that kind of money, he would buy houses in his (kind of ghetto) neighborhood and fix them up really well and then sell them at a profit.

What would you do?

Comments:
If I had that kind of money, I'd be funding medical missions to Third World countries.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?