.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

 

SDEWLP week three

Now that you're caught up about week two, here's what we'll be doing for week three.

Eliminate 1 shake per day (that means down to 3 for me and down to 4 for R*). Replace it with 1 serving of Cascade Fresh nonfat or lowfat yogurt, any flavor. Also, I can now cook with plain nonfat yogurt, which means I can make tandoori chicken! (Aside from that pesky thing about not actually owning a tandoor.)

Continue to eat vegetables, 4 servings a day.

And continue to work out a hell of a lot. R* works with a personal trainer three times a week - his current description of his workouts is like this:

45 minutes of cardio, with 40 minutes of that with his heart rate over 150. (He wears a heart rate monitor under his clothes - I got one too and have used it a couple of times.) He usually does 25 minutes on the elliptical, 10 minutes on the stair-stepper, and 10 minutes on a stationary bike. Then he does about 20-30 minutes of stretching and abdominal exercises - I believe he's up to 5 sets of 25 on the abs. Then they do a circuit of 8 weight machines, 4 for arms, 4 for legs. He said he's doing 20 reps but only 1 set - each set is supposed to totally exhaust the muscle group.

Two days a week, R* is doing 40+ minutes of cardio on his own without the trainer. We've been going to the gym together on Saturdays. We're hoping to start yoga classes this Sunday, too.

I'm trying to keep up with this workout schedule, but it is hard. I'm back in class this week - Microbiology on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I typically go to the gym 5 days a week, but I don't have time to do 90 minutes of exercise. I'm lucky if I can get to the gym, change, get in an hour of exercise and still change, shower and get back to work in less than two hours. So I've been doing 40 minutes of cardio, 15-20 minutes of weights (I switch between machines and free weights each day), and a few minutes of stretching. I don't know if it's enough. I can tell I'm getting stronger, though!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?