.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

 

school update

I got a whole bunch of graded quizzes, exams, lab reports, and papers back in class last night. After doing a whole bunch of math, I came to the conclusion that I've currently got a 96% in the class! All that's left is 3 lab reports (total gimmes, as long as I fill it out completely I get all the points), 2 case study papers (I rule at writing papers), and 1 last exam. I'm definitely getting a 4.0 in this class.

I also registered for spring quarter today. I'm taking Microbiology. I'm actually scared to death about it because I've heard the instructor is really hard... but his class is the only time that I could take it due to my dumb job. I've also enrolled in a one-day CPR for Health Care Professionals course - should be interesting! (And it counts on my application for nursing school.)

The application deadline is April 11th. I guess as soon as I finish winter quarter, I should go ahead and send it in. I have a bad feeling that I won't be accepeted because I won't have finished Microbiology yet... but I'm working through the prereqs as fast as I can, so this will just have to do. If I don't get in this fall, I think I'm a shoo-in for winter!

Comments:
Good job in class! Was that Physiology?

Don't worry about Micro. I can't say I loved it but I found it interesting and got an A in it. I used a lot of memorization skills to learn the Latin names of diseases/organisms and the like.

Also, the nursing schools I've talked with don't care about where you are with your prereqs as long as you have a plan (and can show it) as to how you will have them all completed before you start your junior will. You will, and I'll bet you'll get accepted easily, too. I'll visualize that for you.
 
Thanks Denise! Yes, this is Physiology I'm talking about - I'm really thrilled that I'm doing so well in this class after beating my head against the wall with Anatomy. Don't get me wrong, I got a 3.8 in Anatomy which is nothing to be ashamed of - it just felt like such a struggle!

I'm sure I'll do all right in Micro. I worked in a research lab all through my undergrad so I'm sure it will all come back to me. Everyone will look upon my lab technique and despair. :)

Thanks for the good thoughts. It's been really nice to have support from someone else on the same journey!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?