.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

 

maybe I'll just get a kitten.

Daily thoughts about whether I want to have a child or not seem to have permeated my dreams. Last night I dreamed that I got pregnant and gave birth, but then forgot to take care of the baby. It turned out that I'd given the baby away to my mom, so she could raise it. I felt horribly guilty when I realized that I'd just given my baby away, so I went to Mom's house and retrieved it. But it had turned into a kitten.

Perhaps my subconscious is trying to tell me something. This is not the first time I've had the baby-turns-into-a-kitten dream.

Comments:
This is from Dream Moods website.

Baby
To see a baby in your dream, signifies innocence, warmth and new beginnings. Babies may symbolize something in your own inner nature which is pure, vulnerable, and/or uncorrupted. If you dream that you are on your way to the hospital to have a baby, then it signifies your issues of dependency and your desire to be completely care for. Perhaps you are trying to get out of some responsibility. Babies may represent an aspect of yourself that is vulnerable and helpless. If you dream that you forgot you had a baby, then it suggests that you are trying hide your own vulnerabilities; You do not want to let others know of your weaknesses. If you are pregnant, then a more direct interpretation may simply mean that you are experiencing some anxieties of making it to the hospital when the time comes.

To dream of a crying baby, is indicative of a part of yourself that is deprived of attention and needs some nurturing. Alternatively, it represents your unfulfilled goals and a sense of lacking in your life.

To see a dead baby in your dream, symbolizes the ending of something that is part of you.

To dream about a starving baby, represents your dependence on others. You are experiencing some deficiency in your life that needs immediate attention and gratification.
 
The website on that was

www.dreammoods.com
 
When making your decision, just remeber...You can't declaw a baby.
 
Haha, very funny, boys. :)

Denise, thanks for the cutty/pasty. It would seem from this interpretation... I'm trying to hide from my vulnerabilities? Or get rid of them? Or give them to my mom! That's it!

As for the kitten the baby turned into... I just don't know.

And yes, my mushrooms are all of the normal variety, why do you ask? You mean "regular" people don't have crazy dreams all the time?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?