.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, March 07, 2005

 

goodbye cheese plate

I had a really nice weekend. In preparation for starting the Super Duper Extreme Weight Loss Program next week, R* and I have been indulging in all our favorite foods. Friday night we ordered a pizza. Goodbye, pizza! Saturday morning we went out to brunch with our friends J* and J* at Wild Mountain Cafe. Goodbye, garlic potato cakes! Goodbye, cinnamon rolls!

Saturday evening, we met our friends J* and A* at Dandelion. It was GOOD! We had wine and little cute appetizers and salad and seafood and cheese plate and coffee. Goodbye, cheese plate! Goodbye, creamy polenta! Goodbye, yummy little puff pastry filled with shrimp and pesto!

Sunday morning, I made R* go with me to the Library Cafe down the street so I could bid farewell to their homemade corned beef hash. Goodbye, corned beef hash!

I did cook dinner Sunday night - Tomato Egg Drop Soup and Sichuan Noodles from the Moosewood Daily Specials book. So I did, in fact, consume some vegetables. :)

I weighed myself this morning after this weekend of indulgence and I am officially the heaviest I've ever been. I guess this is a really good time to start the Super Duper Extreme Weight Loss Program. Although I would like to point out that last week, for the first time ever, I went to the gym and worked out every weekday.

Yesterday I didn't work out officially, but I did lug around several bags of compost and mulch. I weeded, amended, and mulched the flowerbeds in the front yard. Then I did some cleanup work on the big flowerbed in the back yard; added compost to the square foot veggie garden boxes; planted three kinds of peas, three kinds of lettuce mixes, spinach, dill, and basil; planted about 8 million flower seeds in lots of different places; and filled two big pots with soil and planted peppermint and spearmint in them. And yet, I still have three big beds to amend and mulch, a bunch of pots on the front porch that need to be cleaned out and prettied up, the area around the patio needs to be weeded desparately... I do love gardening, but jeez. I need a clone to do my job while I work in the garden!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?