.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, February 07, 2005

 

it's what's for dinner

No, not beef. I'm not a full-time vegetarian anymore, but I still don't cook beef or pork at my home.

We've been sort of veering away from the soup/salad thing in the last week or so. Not because we've lost interest, but more because we don't have enough time. Last week I was kind of out of it with a cold, so I made two batches of chicken noodle soup and that's about all the cooking I did.

Yesterday I tried to bake rye bread for the first time. It came out so-so. I'm hoping I can find a recipe that makes really delicious rye bread, because sandwiches on rye are a thing of beauty. The sandwiches I made for dinner last night with grilled rye, turkey pastrami, sauerkraut, swiss cheese, and garlic mustard were pretty tasty even with so-so bread.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?