.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

 

I learned something today

Today was the first day of my second adventure in higher education (reference: I graduated with a BA in English in 1997, during Adventure in Higher Education #1) that I felt like I actually learned something pertinent to my future career. Today's lecture was on cardiac function, and the lab was a fake EKG! We hooked S* up to some electrodes and made him breathe deeply and jog in place and stuff and measured his heartbeat! And then we measured all this stuff that I have no idea what it means, like the P wave and the QRS complex and stuff. I feel like I just saw a tiny tiny little pinhole glimpse of what nursing might be like.

Also, class buddy M* recommend the author Sherri Tepper to me, and I always love a good book recommendation.

Comments:
Be sure you read "The Gate to Women's Country". It's my favorite by that author.
 
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll put it on my request list at the library.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?