.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

 

hippotherapy

I had what might possibly be a brilliant idea. I read an article about equine therapy for disabled kids, and found that there are two equine therapy barns in the area that I could potentially volunteer at... so I fired off an email to the nursing program contact to find out if equine therapy counts as health care, and would augment my nursing school application. I haven't heard back yet. I pretty much think it's too good to be true (for anyone reading who doesn't know me well, I was completely horse-crazy from an early age and had horses all through high school and college) - but it never hurts to ask!

Comments:
Go for it! We have a wonderful riding therapy program nearby called Serenata Farms. I've thought about volunteering there, but I've been busy at the hospital. Besides, I need to stay off horses, having injured myself several years ago with 2 bad falls. (I was bucked off a Lippazan once and the other time I was on a lunge rope bareback, practicing posting. The horse spooked and I dived.)

So, no ponies for me. But for YOU -- they may do double duty therapy for both you and the kids:)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?