.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, February 07, 2005

 

application

I started on the nursing school application last week. I got the easy stuff out of the way - transcript requests, employment verification, and so forth. Now I'm wondering if I should hold off on mailing in the rest until after registration for next quarter. Then I would have Physiology completed, and I'd be enrolled in Microbiology, which I *think* would be good enough to get me the 10-point bonus for completing all the required science classes.

I guess I really ought to make an advising appointment with the nursing advisor - they would be able to tell me what approach is best. Ack, this is all just nerve-wracking to me!

Comments:
Not only is it nerve wracking going through the paperwork, but I'm finding out that there is some intimidation/hazing going on during the interview/acceptance process.

I've been advised to tell no one that I have previous academic degrees; there is friction between ADNs, BSNs, other floor personnel, etc. Sigh. I'm sure there is a pecking order and I think it starts during the interview process. I visited one college who flat out told the audience of 75 people that she used to be nurse and hated it. How's that for encouragement?

Don't be intimidated. No matter what.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?