.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

 

post christmas

We're back from our trip to the coast. It was very pleasant! We watched some DVDs and ate way too much and slept a lot and did some after-christmas shopping at the outlet mall in Seaside. And now we're home and we don't have to go into the office at all this week. So far, I have not really taken advantage of that... meaning I should be doing stuff around the house instead of sitting on my butt in front of this computer.

Oaxacan Potato Soup was strange. I liked it, R* didn't so much. The concept for making a lowfat creamy soup is good, though, and I'd like to try it with different seasonings.

We had some really terrific soups at the Stephanie Inn, like a potato-leek soup that was to DIE for... but it turns out that the key to their fantastic soups is a large quantity of heavy cream. Wouldn't you know it?

Comments:
Wah! Emily! I am so sorry that I never saw your request for the garlic yams from our web page! I am a dolt. (This faux pas was pointed out to me today.)

It is really simple, deceptively creamy good! Nothing else we make on that day is in the least bit healthy except for the turkey itself sans gravy.

Garlic Mashed Yams*

1. Peel and boil 6-8 yams (just like new potatoes)
2. Whip them with 3/4 - 1 stick of butter
3. Don't whip them too much so that they become soupy
4. Season with garlic salt to taste

* My mom says "Oh! This is so simple, I am ashamed."

Hope you had a great holiday!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?