.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, December 03, 2004

 

46!

Got my score from my last lab exam - 46 out of 50!! That's the best I've done on a practical. I'm not at the head of the class or anything - several people got 50/50 or 49/50 - but I'm still very pleased. I've got one more test to study for, and if I do well on it, I may not need to take the final. Which means I would be on vacation from school starting next Tuesday night!

It's really obvious which people in the class work fulltime and go to school at night versus the people who don't work or work only parttime and can spend the majority of their energy on school stuff. One guy in my class has been struggling hard with the lab exams, but studied his ass off for this one. He took digital photos in the lab to bring home for study (which is brilliant, incidentally, why didn't I think of that?!!) and he was one of the 50/50 scores. On the one hand, I'm totally happy for him. On the other hand, how annoying... if I didn't have to work, I would be able to study for hours on end, too. Sigh.

Comments:
Good for you! I know what you mean about the unfairness of opportunity, though. That's why we've got to grab it when we can.

Looking at my undergrad grades, I only have about 3.37 GPA because, like you, I worked. A lot. I mean 2 jobs in the summer and close to every evening plus all day on weekends during the year. Had to. However, now, I have a hubby who actually makes money and I get to stay home and do my thing. And guess what. So far, it looks like a 4.0 all the way.

By the way, I had one guy who did the digital photo thing in our Anatomy/Physiology class. He had taken it twice before and dropped it or flunked out. This time, he got an A. He worked full time but was much more mature when he started out.

Hang in there.

Denise
thirddegreenurse.typepad.com
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?