.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

 

stress

I haven't been posting lately because I am one big bundle of nerves. I have anxiety issues anyway, and between the pressure of my class and the clusterfuck of the presidential election, I have had trouble sleeping and keep finding myself clenching my jaw or my shoulders. My nails are all bitten off, too.

Last night I dreamed that I'd come to class to take a quiz, which was supposed to be easy and straightforward. But when I arrived, the teacher passed out a 100-question exam and told us we had 30 minutes to take the test! No one could finish it in that timeframe. I got so mad that I threw my test across the room and shouted, "This is all the president's fault!"

Speaking of which. I should be studying right now for Thursday's lab exam. And I am, between obsessively checking the election results. I'm watching all three of the networks plus CNN and FoxNews. They're all giving different information, although they seem to be starting to agree that Florida is going to Bush. This is really depressing to watch. It reminded me to put "What's the Matter with Kansas?" on my reserves list at the library - I am 172 of 172 hold requests. I guess I'm not the only one who is wondering what the hell is wrong with people.

My mom and dad are in town this week while my dad attends a convention. Tomorrow is R*'s birthday - we have plans for a whole evening of fun, but it's going to be hard to have a good time if we have President Poophead for a second term.

My one piece of really good news for today is that my coworker M* and I went to the gym together and signed up for 10 personal training sessions, and did the first one. Holy CRAP I am out of shape. But I can definitely tell that this is going to make a huge difference. I feel like my legs fell off somewhere in the gym, and I'm not sure they got reattached properly. They're certainly not working normally, and I anticipate that I will be in much pain tomorrow. But hey! I'm actually doing something!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?