.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, November 22, 2004

 

nearly Turkey

I have been very withdrawn in the last several days - I'm not sure what is wrong with me. Perhaps it's because of the time change - it gets dark so freakin' early this time of year. Perhaps it's because I'm tired - working fulltime and going to school is not exactly relaxing. Perhaps I'm just going through a cycle of depression. R* has pointedly wondered if I might consider altering my medication... I feel resistant to that suggestion but I can't come up with any logical reasons why. It has been bad enough a couple of nights recently that to get to sleep, I had to make a list in my head of all the reasons I have to be happy, to prevent myself from getting all worked up and crying. I have a lot of good reasons, want to hear some of 'em?

1. We have two furry healthy cats who love us both and show us love by sleeping on the bed and purring. It's substantially more difficult to be sad when there's a big black cat purring in your ear. (The big black cat likes to sleep between our heads at night.)

2. R* has really gone to town on Christmas this year. We decided that since we're going out of town for the actual holiday, we're going to give each other gifts as they arrive instead of in one big opening ceremony. And a surge of doo-dads has resulted! R* bought a big(ger) widescreen TV - it's the smallest one Toshiba makes at 26", but it is bright and lovely and HDTV compatible, and fits perfectly in our not-very-big living room. As I mentioned previously, this development has bumped Old-Livingroom-TV into the bedroom, and Old-Bedroom-TV into the studio space downstairs, where it can be used for yoga videos. Best of all, the new DVR showed up and is our new best friend. Love it! Can't believe we lived without it all this time!

3. The makeover of our bed into the World's Comfyest Bed is nearly complete. We've got a mission-style platform bed frame that we bought from L.L. Bean, and a nice firm mattress that we got from the manufacturer in Ballard. We added a featherbed a couple months ago, and this weekend I put on the flannel sheets and the heated mattress pad. We've already got two very soft cuddly blankets... and after the holiday, we'll have a new fluffy comforter and snazzy duvet cover.

4. We're going to visit my parents over the Thanksgiving holiday. I look forward to reading, wearing fuzzy pants, and eating lots of good food. We're even taking The Pie (sweet potato-pecan-bourbon) from St. Clouds with us.

5. I got the scores back from the quiz and test from lecture - I got 19/20 on the quiz and 46/50 on the test! I am flabbergasted, having thought I did poorly on both of them!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?