.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, November 29, 2004

 

gobble gobble

We got back from Thanksgiving at my parents' house last night. It was probably the best visit at their house that R* and I have ever had. Usually after a couple of days, R* and my mom start driving each other nuts... but this time, everyone was fine the whole time. We had a lovely holiday dinner with turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes and gravy and sweet potato casserole and squash casserole and cranberry sauce and homemade rolls and deep-fried mackerel. Yes, one of those things doesn't fit. My dad had a Korean student who joined us and the mackerel was his contribution. And actually, although it didn't go with the meal, it tasted really good. We followed dinner with pumpkin pie (homemade) and sweet potato/pecan/bourbon pie (from St. Clouds restaurant here in Seattle).

I got a speeding ticket on Highway 26 in Grant County. You know how R* got this new car named Jed? He is really, really fast. And I was driving him for the first time. And I kind of stepped on it because we were going up a hill and around a curve and in my little car that means you have to push hard on the gas... but then I got to the top of the hill and there was a cop sitting there and I was going 78 in a 60 and now I owe Grant County $122.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?