.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

 

cruise control

I've had one of those days where just about everything happens like I planned. It's not that my day was exceptionally great or anything - just that it went totally smoothly.

I got up 30 minutes early and had so much extra time while getting ready that I put in some laundry, applied eye makeup, and got to sit and read for 10 minutes before going to catch the bus.

There was a fresh pot of coffee when I arrived at the office.

I had a free sandwich card at the sandwich shop at lunchtime.

I went to the gym to work out even though M*, my workout buddy, was sick.

I studied last night and during my workout today and felt pretty darn ready for my exam tonight.

I got to take a nap on the bus, using my new furry coat's hood for a pillow.

I got to drive to school which is so much more civilized than taking the bus.

I think I did really well on the last lab exam! Thank goodness. Now, no more lab for the rest of the quarter... and only 2 more lectures. Of course there's a giant final exam looming, but that's okay.

I took flyers and posters by the coffeeshop where R*'s band is playing Sunday, which made for a happy husband.

Black beans were on sale for $.85 a can at my grocery store so I stocked up.

R* got out the new cannisters we got over the holiday and loaded all the assorted coffee crap into them, making for a happy wife!

And now, I've got time to go read before dinner and bed. So that's what I'm off to do.

Comments:
The little things make for smooth sailing, don't you think?

That getting up early always did it for me during the years when I was a single mom. Even if I had to drink a few cups of coffee in the afternoon, I felt like I'd have at least a part of my day when I was the priority.

Hope you have another happy day today.

www.thirddegreenurse.typepad.com

Denise
 
You are my number one referrer for my "Seyms Nurse In Training" blog so I just thought I'd leave a note to say "Thank You" and wish you all the very best with your nursing in the future. I admire anyone who will take the plunge for a change in career direction, especially towards a caring profession, and even more if it means working AND doing night classes.

Keep it up,
Best regards,

Seyms
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?