.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, November 05, 2004

 

catgut

I had my second lab exam in class last night. It went much, much better than the first one. More than half the questions were cat parts, and after several weeks of doing our own cat dissections, I knew that stuff inside and out. So to speak. The rest of the questions were either from sheep hearts or plastic models of human muscles. I don't expect that I got 100% right, but I'm sure I did well. That's a nice feeling.

My parents have been in town all week. Sunday night we went out for Thai food, after R* and my dad fixed the porch light at the house. Monday I had lunch with my parents since they were staying at a downtown hotel near my office, then they came over to the house for dinner. Mom and I made chicken & dumplings, which was the first time I've ever made it, and it was delicious! I'll be making that again. Tuesday was election day and we all know what happened then. I had a quiz in class and I think I did horribly on it - my head was just not in the game. I skipped lab review and just came home to study, and obsessively refresh election-tracking websites. I also went to the first personal-training session at the gym. Wednesday I took the day off work to spend time with my parents - Mom and I did a bunch of shopping, which is something we don't get to do together very often. Then we met R* in Belltown and went to Marrakesh for dinner. R* is impossible to surprise and I managed to surprise him! I was so proud! Marrakesh was a very fun experience, but I have to say that the food was not incredibly good. It was fine - but it could have been better. It did inspire me to look for a recipe for chicken with honey and prunes, because the sauce was fantastic.

Thursday I went back to work reluctantly, and did another personal training session. I'd been so very sore on Wednesday that I was a little afraid, but I managed to get through it. Sorely. I freaked out all afternoon about the lab exam, but like I said, it went well. My parents and R* picked me up after class and we went to dinner at Saltoro. Delicious! For dessert I had toasted walnuts with honey poured over them, topped by a slice of blue cheese. It tasted sooooo good and decadent.

Then this morning, I had breakfast with my parents at the Crumpet Shop in the market. I love that place - I don't know why I don't go by there more often. I did find out that I could get a big bowl of oat groats (basically hefty oatmeal) to go in the mornings for $2.75 - and it's two blocks from my bus stop. I'll try to retain that information. My parents are headed home now - they stopped by Uwajimaya on their way out of town and got a bubble tea while they were there. I've been raving about bubble tea to them for months so I'm glad they remembered to try it.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?