.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

 

prince

We went to see Prince at Key Arena last night. Man, he is like the Energizer bunny - or maybe Napoleon. I was so struck by his complete conviction that he is the coolest thing ever, despite the fact that he is like 3 inches tall and looks like a girl. The quality of the performances by all the musicians was outstanding... but the sound quality in the arena was craptastic. I could tell that the band was really tight, but it was hard to get the full effect of that in such a boomy, echoey space. We ended up leaving before the very end of the show because we were developing headaches. I suspect we might be old.

I hadn't realized until this show that R* has turned me into an audiophile quite against my will or intention. Not only did I notice and abhor the general sound quality in the arena, I also found myself critiquing the saxophone tone that was coming across the PA. And, worse yet, I found myself asking R* questions about Prince's guitar technique after we got home. What is wrong with me??

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?