.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

 

hippo birdies to me

Tomorrow is my birthday. I'll be 29. That means next year I'll be THIRTY, which is just weird. Up until even last year, I thought that 30 would be the year that I would have a baby. Now that seems like a ridiculous plan, what with the husband and the house and the job and the school and the garden and the elderly cats. How on earth does anyone look over that cliff and decide, on purpose, to jump?!

I'm having a good birthday-time... last week my sweet father sent me a watch. It's purty. My mom sent me a box that I received today, containing a handmade glass pendant, a bunch of lavender blossoms from my favorite lavender farm in Sequim, and a fancypants lunchbox with dividers and pockets and carrying straps and whatnot. On Sunday, R* is taking me to the Herbfarm, as I squealingly mentioned a couple of days ago, and apparently he got me a tangible gift as well, but says I can't have it until Sunday. Our friend A* is going to drive us to the Herbfarm and back so that we can participate fully in the wine. And I think tomorrow, my coworkers L* and A* are going to accompany me to Flying Fish for lunch. I am a lucky woman.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?