.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

 

hiking

On Sunday R* and I went hiking with our friends V* and C* on Tiger Mountain. It became rapidly apparent that I had not only the shortest legs of the bunch, but the least-efficient respiratory system. The first mile on the trail was all at an upward incline. I had a hard time with that. Wait, that's an understatement. I thought I was going to throw up and I could feel my pulse beating in my temples, as I panted and sweated. Worst of all, as I panted and dragged myself along, a guy who was likely older than my father JOGGED past us up the trail. I flipped him off behind his back, which made me feel marginally better. Marginally.

After we finished the big incline, I enjoyed the rest of the hike a lot. We saw some cool rock formations and a really beautiful waterfall that cascaded down a slick rock face. Not much wildlife, unless you count a large herd of yelling pre-teen boys who were checking out the caves. One of their leaders muttered to us, "So much for the peace and quiet, eh?" We did see an adorable little squirrel - I think it was a Douglas's squirrel. I felt great as we finished up the hike - my muscles were all relaxed and I felt rejuvenated, as though my blood had traveled through all my capillaries and cleaned them out. Next time, R* and I will go by ourselves so we can keep our own pace and volume, and I will remember to bring a walking stick, because that would've helped a lot.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?