.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, August 05, 2004

 

small choices

Today's entry on Losing the Cow really made me think. Her premise is that losing weight isn't about a magic wand or magic beans or a fad diet... but is instead about making small choices that add up over time. And that goes both ways. While Linda was more specifically referring to eating Cheerios instead of donuts, or going for a walk instead of watching TV, I immediately thought of all the little bad choices that got me so fat in the first place. A can of Pringles here, a bag of salt & vinegar potato chips there, cheese melted on toast for a snack again, a lazy Sunday in bed instead of working in the garden... I am frustrated with the slowness of my weight loss, but when I look at my habits in the last few years, I think maybe I should be pleased that I have a) stopped gaining and b) lost any weight at all!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?