.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

 

sick.

I feel like I'm coming down with something. I ache all over and my throat feels swollen and a little sore. But that is so vague, I couldn't justify staying in bed all day. So I'm at work. I even exercised this morning. Now I'm wishing that I'd just stayed in bed!

The chatty lady on the bus this morning yammered on about the Olympics. It was painful to me - she all but shouted "USA!USA!" and also displayed a shocking lack of knowledge about the events, the other countries participating, and the controversy surrounding some of the judging. The worst part was, I knew that the other woman sitting next to me was born and raised in another country - I've heard her talk and she's definitely from England or South Africa or someplace. So, way to be an ugly American, chatty lady. Sheesh.

In other news, man, I hate Bob Dole! I had hoped that moving away from Kansas would help me escape such closeminded crap, but now the closeminded crapslingers are the national scene. How depressing. I can't believe that Dole, himself a veteran, would imply that John Kerry was some kind of lying sissy - isn't it self-evident that Kerry couldn't have awarded himself all those medals? So they must have been awarded to him by the government? Which most likely checks to make sure they know what they're talking about? Is this going to turn into a war of "I was hurt worse in battle than you, therefore I'm more qualified to talk about it"? Because that is just not right. Also, I cannot FATHOM how anyone can look at Kerry's record compared to Bush's record and come to the conclusion that Kerry is the loser sissy guy.... when not even the Republicans can argue that Bush served in combat, ever, at all.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?