.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, August 23, 2004

 

rainrainrain

After weeks of sunny days with highs in the 80s and no rain - very un-Seattle - we finally got rain and lots of it this weekend. It unfortunately coincided with a trip to Port Townsend to visit my parents, who are out and about camping in their pop-up trailer... We got soaked. It was hard to be unhappy about it, though, after going so long without rain. We did some shopping at the farmer's market and arts & crafts fair - I got sucked into buying this lovely sugar scrub for my hands. I used it on my feet last night and that was delicious. So to speak.

We went to dinner at the Ajax Cafe in Port Hadlock to finish up our evening. It was a good time as always. I ordered ahi tuna with a cilantro-plum sauce, which was good but I envied everyone else's dinners... Mom had macadamia-crusted halibut and mashed potatoes, R* had duck with a green grape & caper sauce, and Daddy had crab cakes with a chipotle dressing. R* gave me a bite of his duck, Mom gave me a bread plate with a little piece of halibut and a dollop of potatoes, and my dad liked my ahi so much that we scooted our plates together and he ate half my fish while I ate half his crab cakes. I think this proves I am a food whore.

I wish we could figure out how to move out there. I'm not sure that R* is as excited about the idea as I am - it would severely curtail his musical endeavours. But man, it is so pretty out there, and everyone is so friendly... and maybe what I really should do is just plan to vacation there every year instead of ruining the fantasy by, like, getting a job in a small town.

Speaking of fantasy! Our dream home. Just - wow.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?