.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, August 13, 2004

 

homeowner schmomeowner

Sometimes, being a homeowner kind of sucks. Such as this week, when on the same damn day, we had to have a toilet replaced and the tree service guys that we've been trying to get to come prune the laurel hedge since JUNE decided to show up. At least it's all done now. I feel guilty because I can't do much in terms of paying for it - R* makes a buttload more money than I do so the burden falls on him.

I'm a little pissed off with the tree service people - they weren't very careful with my other plants. Such as, they broke off some of the baby tomatoes and knocked down some sunflowers. I guess I can't be TOO upset - they took the hedge down a lot and it's going to be much more manageable. Our neighbors are pretty thrilled too - they went at the hedge with an electric hedge trimmer ealier this summer and it was a sight to behold! He was up on a ladder wearing a bike helmet with this hedge trimmer choking on the leaves every few minutes...

We have friends who made an offer yesterday on a house. While they are much more handy than R* and I, I kind of wonder if they know what they're getting into. They are lucky that they have another family member participating in buying the house, so she will be able to help them financially if they were to get stuck with, say, a toilet that needs to be replaced. And speaking of which, I'm happy with the new toilet, and thank GOODNESS it seems to have stopped the Stench of Mysterious Origin. But like many home improvement projects, it's created more work for us. Namely, the old toilet had a wall-mounted tank and the new one doesn't, so there is an untiled area on the wall where the tank used to hang that we now need to tile. I think this is a small enough project that we can handle it!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?