.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, August 06, 2004

 

garden goodness

I've been sadly neglecting my garden this year. The weather hasn't been very supportive, either - I've lost at least a few plants to thirst, which isn't normally an issue in Seattle climate until August. There just hasn't been much rain.

On the other hand, my hydrangea has never looked better, and I have baby tomatoes and peppers growing! In fact, I need to get some tomato cages before the plants topple over. I had a good crop of peas and lettuces, although the spinach and arugula bolted before they bothered to make leaves. The swiss chard hasn't really gotten going - I don't know if it needs more water or what - but the kale looks great. And in the flower department, I have calla lilies blooming! I didn't know if they would even pull through.

Next spring when I start seeds, I'll have to work harder on keeping them watered. I think clear plastic trays in my little greenhouse should do the trick. Or maybe I just need to win the lottery and hire a gardener?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?