.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

 

pick one: quitting or institutionalizing

R* is talking again about quitting his job. I understand that he hates it. I understand that it stresses him out. But if he quits before March 1st, he has to give back the $10K signing bonus they gave him and that will more than wipe out our resources.
 
I've felt sick to my stomach all day about this. There's not a damn thing I can do - it's completely his decision. Of course it would be extremely upsetting if he just quit on the spot - besides the $10k, there's the small matter of, oh, the mortgage... but on the other hand, if he blows a blood vessel in his brain from stress, that's no good either.
 
I wish he could just take it less seriously. He's not the kind of person who can say, "Sure, I'll do that" and then not do it like a normal GenXer slacker.  I try to say that to him but he can't seem to hear me - he says "People will just yell at me if I don't get everything done."
 
Thank goodness we have a counseling appointment tonight. We've been thinking about stopping the counseling sessions for financial reasons, but I'm hoping this one will give us a chance to really talk about the quitting vs. not quitting.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?