.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

 

if I don't love money, how did it get so evil?

The number one issue with going to nursing school is our goddamn money issues.  I completely fail to understand how two professionals with more than adequate salaries can be so worried about money. Actually, scratch that, I do understand. We charged up our credit cards back when we were poor and now we spend our money on stuff and things and eating out instead of paying off debt aggressively. Plus, R* is supporting his music biz out of his paycheck, which in effect halves his salary.
 
There are a bunch of factors:
-credit card debt
-whether to buy another car (as car loan #1 will be paid off in a few months)
-how to pay for the next big house project (painting the outside)
-whether R* is going to snap under the stress of his Big Fancy Job and walk out
 
I wish I knew more about financial management. Right now I'm working on saving up tuition so when I go to school, I at least won't have to worry about that. But I'm not sure if that's the right thing to do, or if I should be much more concerned about paying off our stupid debts, or if I should be looking into taking out a low-interest loan to pay off the credit cards, or what.  I guess the first thing I should do is write to all our credit cards and ask for a reduction in the interest rate... it's somewhere to start, at least.
 
Off to write some letters!
 
 

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?