.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

 

get thyself to a nursing school, go!

I'm planning on applying to nursing school next year.  Why nursing? I've been working in the high-tech industry for several years and frankly I am BORED. And, I'm rapidly approaching 30 and feel like I am ready to have a "real job".  In most other areas of my life, I feel like a grown-up: I'm happily married, I own a home, I have a good adult relationship with my family, I have good adult relationships with my friends, I eat enough vegetables... but my job still seems like I'm just out of school. I send marketing emails to people. It's not very inspiring, nor do I feel like I'm making a difference to anyone. I want to do something meaningful!

School I want to attend:
Shoreline Community College
Nursing department
Requirements for admission
Point system for judging applications
Dates to submit application for Fall quarter: January 15-April 10

How am I doing so far? 

Classes
Biology 201: Biology class from KSU - 10 points
Chemistry 101: Chemistry class from KSU - 10 points
Match 99 or higher: Alegbra and Calculus from KSU - 0 points
English 101: English class from KSU - 8 points
Biosc 210, Anatomy: enrolled for fall quarter -
Biosc 211, Physiology: still need to take -
Psych 204, Lifespan Development: currently enrolled -
Biosc 215, Microbiology: still need to take -
NDF 110, Nutrition: completed - 8 points
Quantitative Reasoning: Calculus class from KSU - 7.5 points
Multicultural Issues: still need to take  -

 
Other requirements/options
Science bonus (completed Biosc 210, 211, 215) -
Extra bonus science courses -
Current Health Care Provider CPR -
Current First Aid Card -
Work experience: any regular job w/ documentation - 7 points

Volunteer in health care w/ documentation -

 
I conclude that I've got a long way to go, plus about $8,000 to save up in tuition.


Comments:
Hello,

I looked for a contact for or an email but could not find one. I wanted to let you know that I work for a nursing school and that we would like to recognize your blog as one of the best by a nurse. We would send you a badge to publish on your site so that anyone who comes to your site will note that you are speaking from a position of authority in the nursing field. If you would like to have the badge please email me at keith-fraley@bisk.com

Thanks!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?