Thursday, November 24, 2011
- I am incredibly thankful for my new job as a home hospice nurse, which is what I have wanted to do since I was in nursing school. I feel so lucky that I was able to find this job with such lovely, kind coworkers and supportive management.
- I am thankful that my stress level and exhaustion are steadily decreasing as I get further away from my Big County Hospital job... I didn't realize how much it was wearing me down until I walked away.
- I am really, really thankful that my husband is doing extraordinarily well in his consulting work, for a number of reasons: he's less stressed than he was either unemployed or working as a full-time Microserf; we're going to be able to pay off a great deal of our debt this next year as well as have a nice nest egg in savings; we agreed that I don't need to try to work 2 jobs anymore; and I am so proud of him for being extremely successful after that horrible Year of Financial Difficulty.
- I am thankful for my family and my friends new and old - there is a lot of love and laughter in our lives thanks to all of them, and isn't that what life is all about?
- I am thankful that we live in this beautiful house that we enjoy every day. I am also thankful that we can afford to have someone help us clean it, because it's a lot more to clean than anywhere else we've lived.
- I'm thankful that R* and I travel so well together, because we did a lot of traveling this year and hope to do more next year.
- I'm thankful for our sweet darling furry Kismet kitty, who is a daily delight, even though she occasionally shits on the rug.